17. June 2019

New trustees on the boards of Kavli Trust and Kavli Holding

Press release: Lise Hammergren is elected new trustee on the board of Kavli Trust, the foundation owning the entire Kavli Group. Rannveig Børresen Krane and Kenneth Hamnes are elected to the board of the parent company Kavli Holding AS.

“We are very happy with these strong additions to the boards of the Kavli Group”, says Aksel Mjøs, chair of the board of Kavli Trust.

The Kavli Group produces food in four countries under well known brands such as Kavli cheese, Q milk, Skyr yoghurt and Primula Cheese. All profits that are not reinvested into the group, are transferred to Kavli Trust. The role of the Kavli Trust Board is to allocate funds to charitable causes, exercise ownership and manage the investment portfolio.

“With her expertise and experience, Lise Hammergren will be a significant contributor to the board of Kavli Trust. Rannveig Børresen Krane and Kenneth Hamnes will expand the knowledge and capacity of the board of Kavli Holding. In addition to their knowledge and competence, they all show an inspiring commitment to Kavli’s intention of creating most value for the purpose of supporting charitable causes”, says chair Aksel Mjøs.

Lise Hammergren will now leave the board of Kavli Holding, where she has been a trustee since 2014. Hammergren is Executive Vice President for BI Executive at BI Norwegian Business School. She has previously worked for Orkla/Lilleborg, Unilever and Schibsted, and has experience from boards in Norway and internationally.

Rannveig Børresen Krane is CEO of Unilabs Norge AS in Oslo. Krane has previously worked for Stabburet, Mills, Orkla Confectionary & Snacks and Orkla Health.

Kenneth Hamnes is Group CEO of Arcus ASA. His background is in Lilleborg, Boston Consulting Group, Orkla and Maarud.

With the new additions, the board of Kavli Trust now consists of Aksel Mjøs (chair) Solfrid Lind, Dag J. Opedal and Lise Hammergren.

The board of Kavli Holding AS, the parent company of the Kavli Group, consists of Finn Jebsen (chair), Ulrika Dellby, Rannveig B. Krane, Aksel Mjøs, Frank Mohn, Dag J. Opedal, Kenneth Hamnes (alternate attending as non voting member), Eli Kverneland (employee representative) and Øyvind Ramm (employee representative).

Foto til fri bruk kan lastes ned her: https://bit.ly/2Zph3yO

Contact persons

Aksel Mjøs, chair of the Kavli Trust

Telefon / e-post: +47 97 08 85 29 / aksel.mjos@nhh.no


• Kavli Trust is the sole owner of the Kavli Group, one of Norway’s leading food producing companies, with a yearly turnover of approximately 3,5 billion kroner. (2018)

• The Kavli Group operates in four countries: Norway, Sweden, UK and Finland.

• In Norway the Kavli Group is best known for Kavli spreadable cheese and dairy products from Q-Meieriene. In Sweden Kavli is best known for spreadable cheese as well as sauces, dairy products and mustard. In the UK, Kavli supplies in particular Primula Cheese and dairy products from St. Helen’s farm.

• Kavli Trust was established in 1962 by Knut Kavli, son of founder Olav Kavli.

• Knut Kavli gave the whole business to Kavli Trust in his will.

• In accordance with the statutes, Kavli Trust allocates all profit after operation and development, to charitable causes within the fields of scientific research, culture and humanitarian work.

• Most of the funds (70 per cent) are allocated to projects in the four countries where the Kavli Group operates. The remaining 30 per cent go to projects contributing to change and growth in selected countries in Asia and Africa.

• Work with children and young people, inclusion and health are amongst the priorities for Kavli Trust in the period of 2017-2020.

 For further information: